Pool Opening / Closing
Pool Opening & Closing Services for Bergen, Orange, Rockland, & Westchester Counties
When the spring and winter months roll around, make sure your pool is ready. B&B Pool and Spa Center offers pool opening and closing services to ensure your pool is ready to swim in spring and ready to hibernate in winter. Our competitively-priced swimming pool opening and closing services include the following:
Please make all equipment accessible, otherwise, a $110 return charge will apply.
- Auto-fill shutoffs inside the home must be accessible, otherwise, a $110 return charge will apply. Prior to closing, the pool must be clean, free of debris, and chemically balanced to prevent damage to your pool finish. The water level must be lowered. Pools with a mesh cover require periodic removal of rain accumulation.
- Water and debris should be kept to a minimum in pools with a solid cover. Chemicals should be stored in a clean/dry area away from ladders, pumps, etc.
Here are the steps to schedule your pool opening or closing service:
- Fill out the form on this page.
- Once received, we will email a quote to you.
- Once you approve the quote via email, B&B Pool and Spa Center will charge your cc on file for the 50% deposit.
- Once your cc has been charged, B&B will send you an email with a confirmed date for your service.
- PAYMENT: A 50% deposit is required. A 50% deposit with the return of the Service Agreement will reserve your place in our schedule. Payment is due in full upon completion of work. A credit card is mandatory and will automatically be charged. All Work is COD. Other payment terms must be made with our office in advance, or work will not be done.
Note: B&B Pool and Spa Center is not responsible for any tile, cover, or equipment damage due to excessive ice or snow. Any additional work will be billed at our service rate of $75 per half hour plus materials.
Our Full Pool Opening Service Includes the Following:
- Inspect pool cover for damage
- Remove, fold and stow winter cover
- Screw down deck grommets
- Installation of deck equipment (ladders, handrails, etc...)
- Removal of winter plugs
- Reassemble pool filter
- Start pumps and pool heater
- Prime plumbing
- Install return fittings and skimmer baskets
- Add shock to the pool
- **We will no longer be reinstalling diving boards**
Optional Pool Opening Services:
- Heater cleaning, start-up, and testing - 80.00
- Clean chlorine generator cell - 50.00
- Program electronic controls - 50.00
- Store winter cover off-site for the season - 200.00
- Remove safety cover for repair estimate - 75.00
Our Full Pool Closing Service Includes the Following:
- Add chemicals (optional based on customers preference)
- Winterize water features
- Adjust the water level
- Blow out and plug the lines
- Remove skimmer baskets, cleaners, wall fittings
- Drain all pumping, filtering, heating, and chlorinating equipment
- Store ladders and handrails
- Cover the pool (cover must be left out or accessible for us to access)
- **Due to liability issues we will no longer be removing diving boards**
- **We will also be discontinuing our winterization services with regards to cabanas (outdoor refrigerators and ice makers)**
Optional Pool Closing Services:
- Clean Cartridge or DE filter - $105.00
- Clean Cell - $50.00
- Winter Chemical Kit – Solid Cover - $105.00
- Winter Chemical Kit – Mesh Cover - $125.00
- Winter Cover Pump (install a winter cover pump to maintain the water level under the tiles) - $259.00